3307 Breton Cl NW
This is an application for a new garage added to the front of the property.
All comments are due by July 28, 2019.
Crowchild Trail Upgrade – July to August
We’d like to provide you with a few updates relating to the Crowchild Trail Upgrades Project and give you an overview of the construction activity that will occur this summer:
1) Finishing Touches: Crowchild Trail & 5 Avenue N.W. Intersection
Begins July (approx. one month)
Now that summer is here, we can take this intersection from its current interim state to being fully completed. For the next month we will be back in this area finishing up the curb work, installing accessibility ramps and widening out the sidewalks. Similar to last year, there will be nightwork involved and we will be staging the noisiest work earlier on in the evenings whenever possible.
2) Add-On Rehabilitation Work
Begins Mid-July (will be ongoing)
In an effort to increase efficiencies and avoid multiple disruptions to citizens, the following structures will be rehabilitated while we’re already in the area:
- Southbound Crowchild Trail bridge (over Bow Trail)
- This work will involve a continuous single lane closure along southbound Crowchild Trail (over Bow Trail); access to the Bow Trail/City Centre exit ramp will be maintained.
- Westbound Bow Trail to southbound Crowchild Trail ramp
- Associated lane and ramp closures will be scheduled during off-peak hours.
3) New Signalized Intersection: 10 Avenue S.W. & Bow Trail
Begins July – End of August
The road and tie-in work has begun, and by the end of this summer we’ll have a new signalized intersection installed to help improve traffic flow in this area.
4) New Signalized Crossing: Parkdale Boulevard & Kensington Road N.W.
Begins July – End of August
By the end of this summer, we will have a brand new signalized crossing added along Parkdale Boulevard so pedestrians and cyclists have a dedicated, more direct connection to the Bow River Pathway.
5) Relocation Of Westbound Bow Trail To Northbound Crowchild Trail Ramp
Begins August (approx. one month)
The new westbound 10 Avenue S.W. ramp has been built and now we can relocate the westbound Bow Trail ramp to the right-hand side of Crowchild Trail as well.
Once complete, the 10 Avenue S.W. merge condition onto Crowchild Trail will be eliminated and traffic from both the westbound 10 Ave S.W. and Bow Trail ramps will join together and enter northbound Crowchild Trail as a dedicated, added right-hand lane.
6) Installation Of Permanent Signals: Crowchild Trail & Kensington Road N.W.
Begins this summer (approx. two months)
Last year the additional northbound lane was added through this intersection, now we’re coming back to install the permanent signals including the remaining roadworks and landscaping.
7) Construction Of Noise Walls
Begins this summer
Construction on the following noise walls will begin this summer, with landscaping to follow.
4119 Bowlen St NW
This is an application for a secondary suite with a kitchen, living room, 1 bedroom, bathroom, separate laundry and separate furnace/utility area.
All comments are due by July 17, 2019.
2704 Brecken Rd NW
This is an application for a secondary basement suite containing kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, bathroom and furnace/utility room.
All comments are due by Jul 9, 2019.
Current Update for June and July
Hi Brentwood and Charleswood Residents,
The City of Calgary is looking for your feedback on several topics:
- Residential Parking Permit Review – Deadline June 26, 2019:
Recently, the Brentwood Community Association has received some emails from residents with concerns about parking, most often in the areas around the LRT station. Some residents have contacted us to ask how they can apply for a restricted parking area on their streets.
This is your chance to let the City know what is or is not working in terms of parking on the streets where you live. Everyone is encouraged to fill out this survey, even if you do not live on a street with restrictions (permit only, 2-hour, etc.). You likely still face parking challenges in other areas where you are looking for a parking space or visiting a home with restrictions. How do parking fees or parking rates affect your driving habits?
The survey is quite detailed, so you may wish to read the background information first. This site has a Frequently Asked Questions tab that covers some of the basics.
The survey is only open until June 26, 2019.
- Smoking and Vaping – Deadline July 7, 2019
Should the Smoking and Vaping Bylaw be further strengthened?
Council has asked Administration to engage Calgarians on whether the Smoking and Vaping Bylaw should be stronger, with consideration to prohibiting:
- Waterpipe (hookah/shisha) smoking in workplaces, public premises and specified outdoor places
- Smoking and vaping in outdoor public parks and at outdoor public events
- Smoking and vaping in hotel and motel roomsWhat do you think? This survey is open until July 7, 2019.
- Council News in Brief
Would you like to learn more about issues with which Council and various Committees (such as Finance, Transportation, Urban Development) have been dealing?
You can sign up to receive Council News in Brief. You’ll receive an email with a few short paragraphs summarizing the recent decisions or debates at Council, as well as links for further information. It’s a great way to keep track of what’s been happening, without getting bogged down into too much detail. You won’t receive Spam mails, just updates after Council or Committee meetings.
There is a sign-up link on this page.
If you do not wish to sign up, you can also flag the above link and just check it out online.
Thank you for your interest in our community and happy summer holidays!
On behalf of the Development and Transportation Committee
Brentwood Community Association
Crowchild Trail Upgrade Notice for 10th Ave SW
Update from the City of Calgary:
As part of the Crowchild Trail Upgrades Project, we are reconfiguring the westbound 10 Avenue S.W. to northbound Crowchild Trail ramp. As part of this work, the existing ramp will be FULLY closed for two weeks.
1) Beginning at 10 p.m. Thursday, June 13 and running straight through until 5 a.m. on Friday, June 28, the westbound 10 Avenue S.W. ramp to northbound Crowchild ramp will be closed.
2) Once complete, the newly-reconfigured westbound 10 Ave S.W. ramp will temporarily merge onto the right-hand side of Crowchild Trail.
3) The westbound Bow Trail to northbound Crowchild Trail ramp will continue to come up into its own lane on the far left-hand side of Crowchild Trail as it does now.
4) By the end of this summer, both ramps will be reconfigured and the 10 Ave S.W. merge condition onto Crowchild Trail will be eliminated; Traffic from the 10 Ave S.W. and Bow Trail ramps will join together and enter northbound Crowchild Trail as a dedicated, added right-hand lane.
We will be messaging out the traffic impacts via on-site messaging, social media, the project website, our e-newsletter and some proactive media interviews. We will also be communicating and coordinating with emergency services to maintain access. Suggested detours and associated signage will be in place.
Your community members can continue to expect increased activity and frequent lane realignments all throughout the summer and fall. As always, the most timely information will be available on our project page.
3215 Barr Rd NW
This application is for a secondary suite in an existing basement and will contain a kitchen, living area, 1 bedroom, bathroom and furnace/utility area. Parking is provided in double garage.
All comments are due by June 30, 2019.
3108 Blakiston Dr NW
This is an application for a secondary suite in the basement and contains a kitchen and living area, 4 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a separate furnace/utility room. Tenant parking is provided in a double garage at the rear of the site with lane access, and suite amenity space is provided in the back yard.
All comments are due by June 17, 2019.
5603 Brenner Cres NW
This is an application for a secondary suite in an existing basement.
All comments are due by June 6, 2019.
3812 Brooklyn Cres NW
Crowchild Trail Upgrades
First Major 2019 Traffic Shift
Beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, May 24 and running straight through until 5 a.m. on Monday, May 27, there will be a significant increase in construction activity along the Crowchild Trail construction sites. In addition to regular roadworks, our crews will be temporarily (until the end of July) relocating the exit point from northbound Crowchild Trail to the eastbound and westbound Memorial Drive off-ramps.
Over the weekend:
- More workers than usual will be on-site.
- There will be single lane traffic in both directions along Crowchild Trail (over the river) throughout the weekend.
- There will be ongoing rotating lane and ramp closures, relocated barriers, and re-painting of lane lines.
Effective Monday morning (5 a.m.):
- The current exit to both the eastbound and westbound Memorial Drive off-ramps will be shifted 50 metres south (from now until the end of July).
- BOTH the northbound and southbound lanes along Crowchild Trail will be realigned.
- We are coordinating our lane closures with the Calgary Marathon happening on Sunday.
- For a full list of upcoming closures, please visit the Crowchild Trail Upgrades project page.
76 Brantford Cres NW
This is an application for a backyard suite above a three car garage. Approximately 635 sq. ft.
All comments are due by May 31, 2019.
3024 Blakiston Dr NW
This application is for a secondary suite in the basement.
All comments are due by May 23, 2019.